Modify the stored procedures generated by replication to suit the needs. Optionally you can use triggers discussed in the previous post against the replicated tables as well.
- Replication works in a separate thread. Thus, application will not be affected directly.
- Replication reads from Transaction log. It is much faster as it is sequential.
- The replicated data should reside in a separate database. This is the first limitation.
- Some editions do not support transact replication. Merge replication may require complex stored procedures/triggers
- Replication is one of the least published mechanism. Troubleshooting may be a nightmare.
- I should create some links.